corsair "system select" ram

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
qboy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

corsair "system select" ram

Post by qboy »

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between system select and value select for a desktop? The system select chips have "value select" written on them and the same model number. If it is the build materials, what are the spec. differences?
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

From looking at the information on Corsair's site, I think the only difference is the "select" memory is system specific and guaranteed to work. My guess is it's just value RAM that they are rebranding but selling specific models tested for specific systems whereas with the value RAM you are choosing your own part #'s that appear to be compatible with your system but haven't been tested as such.

Maybe someone else has more insight.

p.s.- I deleted the duplicate thread. :)
Joe
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: corsair "system select" ram

Post by Pengwin »

qboy wrote:Can someone please tell me what the difference is between system select and value select for a desktop? The system select chips have "value select" written on them and the same model number. If it is the build materials, what are the spec. differences?
ssystem select would be matching the current rAM u have.

like lets say u ran PC2700 i think system select will only give u PC2700 results so u dont mix and match RAM.

i think