ABIT AT8 32X and CORSAIR TWINX2048-3200C2PT rebooting?

From general questions to the harder advanced user topics you will find them here!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

ABIT AT8 32X and CORSAIR TWINX2048-3200C2PT rebooting?

Post by Skippman »

All,

I recently replaced my blown ASUS motherboard with the new abit AT8 32X Crossfire motherboard. Ever since then I've been having system stablity issues. I'd like to preface this by saying I never had stability issues with these same modules on my ASUS board.

I've made certain I'm running the latest revision of the BIOS and the latest system drivers on a fresh Windows XP Pro install. The machine will sit in the BIOS hardware monitoring screen without rebooting for over 24 hours. At no point does the system appear to be getting anywhere close to overheating.

As soon as I load up Windows I get the random reboots. I ran MemBench and got a bad memory block after testing for 8 solid hours. My question is this. Is it a board problem, a RAM problem, or a combination of the two?
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I did some more testing. I think my RAM may actually be overheating. Has anyone had this problem before? Do you have any recommended solutions?
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

MemBench never worked right for me, I would run MemTest. Sounds like the memory is fine if its going error less.