Anyone have a good recommendation for an Entertainment Cente

A place to talk about A/V receivers, Blu-Ray players, LCD or Plasma TV mounting, audio tips or anything else that you think fits.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone have a good recommendation for an Entertainment Cente

Post by dicecca112 »

I have these cheap 30$ stand, and since I'm moving out in 6months, I'm looking at something good. I want something were I can store all my DVDs (150 or so, but would like room for more), have places to store my reciever, DVR/Cable Box, HTPC, and Gaming System. So what do you guys have in your house and what do you recommend?

I really like this but can't find the dimensions. http://www.amazon.com/Prepac-Black-Pane ... 45&sr=1-21 I like this style as well.

Right now I have the cheap stand (that is collapsing slowly but surely) with the TV on top, and the receiver and gaming system on the inside. Next to that I have a bureau with the HTPC and DVR/Cable Box. I just want to consolidate.

Any recommendations would be appreciated
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Anyone have a good recommendation for an Entertainment Cente

Post by Skippman »

Really REALLY depends on your budget. I'm a huge fan of BDI. They make excellent solid wood home theater furnture.

Currently I'm using a BDI Deploy Max as my equipment stand and a converted walk in closet for media storage. But if you're looking for something like what you posted they make some nice units with drawers that are extremely similar.

The downside is they tend to be pricey. A good BDI unit is $800, far more expensive than what you posted.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone have a good recommendation for an Entertainment Cente

Post by dicecca112 »

Yeah they are really nice and they have one that would work perfect but 1000$ is too expensive