Ceton Infinitv 4 (or 6)

A place to talk about A/V receivers, Blu-Ray players, LCD or Plasma TV mounting, audio tips or anything else that you think fits.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Ceton Infinitv 4 (or 6)

Post by dgood »

I just purchased a Ceton Infinitv4 Tuner card and grabbed a Cable Card from Comcast. Got it setup last night and will be testing it out tomorrow.

I just upgraded my media center from the parts of my older gaming rig that I replaced two years ago.

I will do a new post on the whole setup and my experience with windows 8 pro for the media center and the plugins that work or don't work anymore for it.

Anyone used this card and gotten rid of their DVR/Cable box? I love it at first blush of getting it working last night, but haven't spent much time using it. I can control it with my logitech harmony as well which is a bonus.

Thoughts? Seen these before?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ceton Infinitv 4 (or 6)

Post by Apoptosis »

never played with one before. I'll be looking towards what you have to say about it.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Ceton Infinitv 4 (or 6)

Post by dgood »

So far it works, but It has some issues. Could just be my card could be one of the small reported errors using it with nforce chipsets.

I seem to have some HDCP problems where It tells me display driver can't play back protected content in windows media center where I hit the windows button and it all the sudden starts working, a restart seems to also work or a rerun of the ceton diagnostics.

Sometimes the card overheats if the case is in the entertainment center (card runs super hot 60C when running in a 42C ambient air cpu runs about 42 C) card seems to overheat at 65C not a lot of room for error. Going to try buying a slot cooler between it and the HD Radeon 4600. Picture quality is good, recording 4 shows at once is good. Haven't tested the network usage yet, but the local ussage when windows media center detects it is wonderful.

Sometimes it won't initialize with windows and I'll have to run the diagnostic and restart the computer and it will initialize.

None of the errors are super repeatable as sometimes the no tuner means it overheated and others means it didn't initialize. Once I get it working and I never shut off my computer just exiting the media center program when done using it, it works great.

Cable card activation was easy enough once I convinced the Indian lady that it was not a cable box and that she should be able to send it an activation signal without sending me to another branch of support (thanks dumb comcast employees).