steam_api.dll missing

Our 8 person Left 4 Dead server - 66.102.113.100:27015
ruthielmoore
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

steam_api.dll missing

Post by ruthielmoore »

Hi, it's my first message in this forum and i'm looking for some help with left4dead.

Hi to all,

I installed the game and followed all the instructions appearing in the "L4D Files and Guides" topic . Everything works fine. Unfortunately this topic just covers updates till v1.0.1.7, which is useless if you want to play online as all (or most) servers are using v1.0.2.5. and i got this message:

Invalid protocol, expecting 1017, got 1025

So I went to the topic "L4D Updates: Latest is 1.0.2.5" and I installed the latest version (1st, full update to 1019, then to 1020, then to 1022 FIXED and finally the 1025). And finally I installed the new L4D_Rev_Emu_v1020+.

Unfortunately, after all this, when I try to open the game I receive an error message saying "Not found the point of entrance to the procedure SteamAPI_UseBreakpadCrashHandler in the dinamic links library steam_api.dll" (It's translated from Spanish but should be something like that in English).

So... any of you know what may be my problem and how to solve it?
Thank you very much!
JamesDStorey
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: steam_api.dll missing

Post by JamesDStorey »

Hi ruth,

Here is the steam_api.dll : http://dllcentral.com/steam_api.dll/1.0.0/…download it and then extract the downloaded zip file to the system32 folder which is located in windows folder (that is located in your main drive which contains the installed windows)
joes
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by joes »

Hmm i downloaded the file but it doesnt want to overwrite it... Should i do it in the safe mod then, do you suggest that or that is not smart?
You have problems with some DLL files? We can help you resolve problems with the following files fmodex.dll, mfc100u.dll, physxloaderdll.com
porvan
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by porvan »

Hello all of you. Missing Steam_api.dll? Had the same problem about a month ago. And searched all internet before I'd found the solution that suit me. Hope it will suit you too, here is the link:http://fix4dll.com/steam_api_dll. It is about an automatic fixed tool that solve problem of dll files.