North Bridge Fan

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Azygous420
Legit User
Legit User

North Bridge Fan

Post by Azygous420 »

My fan on the north bridge of my AMD socket 939 Nforce4 stooped working and I am getting really bad frames. Just wondering if the fan on the north bridge being broken would effect frames very drastically. :rolleyes:
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

well we changed it out and it seems that it did fix the poor frames problem. That suprised me as I took off the fan on my northbridge since it was in teh way and didn't move any air really at all. the passive part of it seemed to do enough. Though this asus board seems to need the fan as it isn't two separate parts. Little did I know it would make a difference. we'll see if it stays that way or not.
JohntechUPi
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by JohntechUPi »

The Chipset especially for Nforce chipsets seem to run quite hot and if you want to over clock many times the Chipset is over looked. So yes it can have an impact on performance and stability. I replace the stock chipset coolers on all of my systems or at least will make sure its making good contact with new H/S compound and add a small fan for extra cooling.
Many MB's designed are relying on airflow from the CPU and if you use a non-stock cooling solution extra thought should be put in to the MB and or chipset cooling as well.