AMD 790 Chipset 'Hammerhead' motherboard pictured - Computex

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD 790 Chipset 'Hammerhead' motherboard pictured - Computex

Post by Apoptosis »

Just got a picture of the AMD 790 reference motherboard... Interesting Quad PCIe board... The colors are actually pretty neat. This board will officially support quad CrossFire when it comes out... The drivers are still a ways off though... This board is also socket AM2+ and will support all upcoming K10-based Phenom processors that AMD will be talking about more in the future.
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

After QuadFX, QuadCrossFire! I bet it'll have as much success. :roll:

I can't wait to see how their new Phenom line does though!
Solinari
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Solinari »

I don't know about all this Quad Core, Quad Corssfire/SLI rubbish, i mean who has the money to buy 4 video cards, and those that do have the money, what will 4 video cards give them that 2 couldn't?

Frankly i think this is getting ridiculous, it's all a load of rubbish to get people to spend way more than they need too.

PSU's are the same, now you can get 1500W and 2000W PSU's when power requirements should be going down, not up, but NVIDIA and ATi know the people that can afford overpriced 8800 Ultra's can afford ridiculously overpriced PSU's to go with them.

I don't want "new" technology i can't afford, i want better prices.
AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800 @ 2.7Ghz
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
eVGA 8800GTS 640MB SuperClocked
A-Data 2GB DDR400
Integrated Sound
Hiper Type-M 580W PSU
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

this sucks! I have been an AMD/Nvidia guy for years! Now theres no way to do AMD and SLI is there? (atleast not yet and not officially :) )
Solinari
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Solinari »

I must say i do prefer AMD and NVIDIA too and i hope the ATI factor doesn't damage relations between the two.

I read on an IT rumour site The Inquirer that AMD and NVIDIA wouldn't do an Intel, that is to say that NVIDIA will continue to make chipsets for AMD unlike Intel who didn't renew chipset contracts (or something like that) for ATI chipsets. At the time it was unfortunate because Core 2 Duo worked really well on some ATi chipsets but because of this support for it may not be forthcoming from Intel.

I really hope NVIDIA continue to make Chipsets for AMD, i don't see why they wouldn't because it's beneficial to both companies and if they stop making chipsets for AMD then they will upset a lot of people like us.
AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800 @ 2.7Ghz
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
eVGA 8800GTS 640MB SuperClocked
A-Data 2GB DDR400
Integrated Sound
Hiper Type-M 580W PSU