Motherboard and Case Connections

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
nwwrich
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Motherboard and Case Connections

Post by nwwrich »

I am putting a new system togher using a Foxconn K8S755A-6EKRS Socket 754 SiS 755 ATX AMD Motherboard and a case that is about 2-3 yrs old. I am also putting in a AMD64 Sempron 3000+ proccessor. I have 2 problems. One is that my cpu fan has 4 wires and will not fit in the cpu fan slot on the board. I put it in Fan1 slot. Don't kown if this will work. Also on my front case connectios, my pwr-led has 3 holes and place on board has 2. If I plug it in, it leaves me only 1 hole for my pwrbtn# connection. I have never ran into this problem before.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Motherboard and Case Connections

Post by kenc51 »

The four pin fan header should be able to still work with the 3pin on the board!
Ive also had the same problem with the HDD light, I just bent the pins on the board so they fit. Be careful if you do it, make sure the PSU is off and dont bend them too far!
nwwrich
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by nwwrich »

Thank you for your reply. Will the fan still work right even if it is in the Fan1 slot? Someone also said I could use a pin and change position of the wire to get it to work, does this sound good?

Thanks again!
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

nwwrich wrote:Thank you for your reply. Will the fan still work right even if it is in the Fan1 slot? Someone also said I could use a pin and change position of the wire to get it to work, does this sound good?

Thanks again!
I think you need to change the cables, a 3pin fan will work in a 4pin motherboard connection, but I dont think it will the other way around.