Which Motherboard?

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
JacquesR
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Which Motherboard?

Post by JacquesR »

Fairly new to Mobo's (go easy) so i only know what a few things mean and what significance they have. I am looking to upgarde my Mobo, Cpu and probrably my RAM and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in terms of what mobo would be best for me. I have a budget of £50-£70 and want a mobo with:
DDR2 slots up to 8gb
AMD CPU (does dual core make a big difference?)
PCIe x16

I don't know if this matters but i have a ATI radeon X1650 so i need one that is compatiable with that. As i say i am new to motherboards and am looking to upgrade me pc to a fairly quick efficient system. I will be playing games like battlefield, crysis etc on it and surfing the net mainly. I have most likely left a few things out :? . your help is much appreciated guys :) .
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Which Motherboard?

Post by ibleet »

Most of the current motherboards out now will satisfy those requirements easily. The only problem I have is that I have no clue how much 50-70 pounds is in dollars. :? Having said that, I'm thinking of a few AM2 motherboards right now.

And YES, dual core makes a HUGE difference!
JacquesR
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Which Motherboard?

Post by JacquesR »

there is roughly $2 to every £1 so £70 is around $140. Seeing as dual core does make a big difference i'll get one of them if i can afford it. thank you for your help ibleet :)