Help Installing WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS SATA RAID Drivers

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Valdin
Legit User
Legit User

Help Installing WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS SATA RAID Drivers

Post by Valdin »

I followed the instructions given on the MB software CD. I boot with XP cd, press F6 for driver installation. Than press "S" to specify additional device and load disk. My pc reads the disk and than loads everything. But, than I have a choice of:
Repairing windows
Setup windows
or quit and reboot.

I tried again and chose a different path and got this message:
"Windows already has a driver that you can use for "Silicon Image SiI 3132 SATALink Controller for windows XP/Server 2003.
Unless the device manufacturer prefers that you use the driver on the floppy disk, you should use the driver in windows."

Im also assuming I install the NON-RAID driver correct? Since im only running one HD.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
Zalman 7000 CPU Fan
2GB DDR Ram
500GB HD
8600 GT Video Card
FZ1

Re: Help Installing WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS SATA RAID Drivers

Post by FZ1 »

You shouldn't have to install the RAID drivers at all if you are only using 1 HDD. Sounds like Windows is already at least partially installed on that drive. Assuming it is OK, you should delete all the partitions (make new ones if you want) first. It's been awhile since I installed Windoze.
Joe
Valdin
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Help Installing WinFast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS SATA RAID Drivers

Post by Valdin »

FZ1 wrote:You shouldn't have to install the RAID drivers at all if you are only using 1 HDD. Sounds like Windows is already at least partially installed on that drive. Assuming it is OK, you should delete all the partitions (make new ones if you want) first. It's been awhile since I installed Windoze.
Windows is FULLY installed and running smoothly. So, I dont even need to install the NON-RAID driver?
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
Zalman 7000 CPU Fan
2GB DDR Ram
500GB HD
8600 GT Video Card