Asus M3A AM2+ System "Swamp Thing" (56k Warning)

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Asus M3A AM2+ System "Swamp Thing" (56k Warning)

Post by stev »

XstollieX wrote:I went ahead and picked up the swiftech block for the nb. Looks like it will work well. Ill be able to use the existing wire hooks from the stock heatsink if i can get it loose. Hopefully i can convince the wife to let me purchase the rest of the stuff this weekend. :supz:

DO NOT apply too much pressure onto those hook-loops. They can only take so much before they pop out of the board! I know from experience. :(
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Yea they will pull out, and as we all know premature pull out can lead to severe consequences.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

XstollieX wrote:I went ahead and picked up the swiftech block for the nb. Looks like it will work well. Ill be able to use the existing wire hooks from the stock heatsink if i can get it loose. Hopefully i can convince the wife to let me purchase the rest of the stuff this weekend. :supz:
the swiftech block comes with wires, did yours?
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Yes but they are designed for intel chipset's. I have not checked to see if the span is correct for the m3a been a bit busy. I should get a chance to check on thursday morning. And thanks for the Heads up on the hook loops.

*edit* Just checked to see if the parts that came with the block will will work on the m3a, and they wont. the clips are about an inch to long. Ill have to figure someting else out, or buy a new board :) (and maybe a chip). any suggestions? Is doing all this for 300-400 mhz worth it?
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Don't know if it's worth it but you've done some pretty extreme stuff. Try modding the Zalman WB like I did their relatively cheap.
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

I just ran the M3A and the 6400 with the NB Water Block, and with stock Heat Sink. There's a lower FSB wall with stock, so to get stability up arounf 350FSB and above you'll have to have some better NB cooling be it water or active air.