K8N Diamond Plus is not booting

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
fillcraft
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

K8N Diamond Plus is not booting

Post by fillcraft »

i have lot of issues since i purchased K8N Diamond plus.
most annoying is that if accidentally i had to restart m pc from rest button, my bios do not detect sataii drives unless i unplug the main power cord and wait for 10 mins, and even in some cases i had to rest the bios from bios rest button.

other issue was my system automatically reboot with in 5 to 10 mins after i hibernate it. this also happens if mouse is moved after system is hybernate.

later i am stuck with sudden system halts and it results bios instability, same sataii none detection problem. for that i contacted MSI support, every thing they suggested i did with extreme care. including bios update to latetes version. new plain installation on IDE HDD, New plain installation on SATA drive with latest drivers etc.

in last i tried to test my RAM if it has a problem, i removed one ram from purple slot and started system since that my system is completely dead it only shows the main power on green light and no further activity.

my main board is K8N Diamind Plus (which i will never suggest anybody to buy or any product of MSI)
processor is 3500+ AMD Athelon XP
2x512 MB Kingston DDRii RAM
ATI Radeon 256 PCI Express Card on Secondry PCI Express, bc my primary PCI Express is not working since i clamined my first warrenty.

kindly help me out to recover my board.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: K8N Diamond Plus is not booting

Post by DMB2000uk »

I think it's probably time to fill in a RMA request and send the motherboard to MSI for repairs/replacement.

Welcome to the forums btw,

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)