Motherboard needed for athlon x2 6000+

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
3BETWEEN20characters
Legit User
Legit User

Motherboard needed for athlon x2 6000+

Post by 3BETWEEN20characters »

](*,) I am trying to get my AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ :prayer:
I have read a lot of pros, and cons on a few boards, and can't find anything that people are sure on.
I was told by one person "use this board", and then someone in the same forum sent me to a site that bashed those same boards.
I am going to be running xp pro 32, and not going to be running it for gaming or anything that will demand a lot of processor demand. the largest drain will be for the duel monitor (Optiquest 22" plasma, and 42" ViewSonic plasma) =P~ .
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Motherboard needed for athlon x2 6000+

Post by XstollieX »

First off welcome to the forums. What are you planning of for your gfx card ('s)? If you are planning on nvidia cards you will need a different board than if you are going to run ATI in crossfire. Any info you can provide on the build you are doing will be helpful to us.
3BETWEEN20characters
Legit User
Legit User

I'm just looking for a board that has it's own graphics an d sound. i'm not looking for a a board, then a graphics, then sound, cards I will be using ati mobility radeon 9000card so I can use 2 monitrs, and a leadtek winfast tv2000p m card, but that is all I am thinking of. I am using a GeForce 6100 now and the main reason that I am looking for another board is that my 6000+ isn't recognized. I'm updating my girlfriends system to the processor that I used with this board before I got the 6000+. Im :?
The GA-M750SLI-DS4 has been recommended, what are your thoughts about that?
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

I'd personally go for this board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131324

All solid caps, plus a ton a features at a price that you can't beat! :)

Not to mention support for up to 140w CPU's
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

3BETWEEN20characters wrote:I'm just looking for a board that has it's own graphics an d sound. i'm not looking for a a board, then a graphics, then sound, cards I will be using ati mobility radeon 9000card so I can use 2 monitrs, and a leadtek winfast tv2000p m card, but that is all I am thinking of. I am using a GeForce 6100 now and the main reason that I am looking for another board is that my 6000+ isn't recognized. I'm updating my girlfriends system to the processor that I used with this board before I got the 6000+. Im :?
The GA-M750SLI-DS4 has been recommended, what are your thoughts about that?
The board that has been recommended is a waste of your money, it's clearly designed for gaming and whomever recommended it was not considering what you said you would be using the board for.
I would consider one of the following depending on how much you want to spend.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813186143
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813130166

The second has a few more features and is a little more advanced for a little more money. Either one would be fine for what you want to do. The board that GI-JOE suggested would be a very good option also.
3BETWEEN20characters
Legit User
Legit User

Thanks for the help (KEEP IT COMING) [-o< I'm a little Leary going with a board that doesn't have a long track record. I guess I'm a little paranoid. I wish that I would be able to find a way that my present board would recognize my processor, I'd get another one of them.
GeForce 6100 AM2 micro ATX ....... AM2+ if possible
HT 2G, dual DDR-800, 6-CH audio
1 PCI-Ex16, 8USB 2.0, LAN, 2PCI
ATA-133, 2SATA2, 4DDR2, 1 PCI-Ex1, RAID
(CRU51M2-R04 VER:1.3)
3BETWEEN20characters
Legit User
Legit User

:prayer: =P~ [-o< Well I think I did the correct thing. I bought the GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3, didn't realize that I would need a video card though. :roll: . I was lucky though, I had a :finga: RADEON :finga: card, I had ghosting, and a few other problems that made it almost impossible to use, I bought it on eBay, I couldn't upgrade from the win 98 software, st 1st I thought it was a knockoff (now I realize it was just 10 years out of date :toimonster: . I bought a Diamond HD2400 PRO duel monitor card, once I put that in I was up and running with no real problems. A few calls to MS, and I'm flying faster than ever before. I just wish that my LEADTEK TV 2000 XP RM didn't make the computer go blue and have to dump its memory. I think that if their help devision can't help I'll get one of GIGABYTES tv cards, they look exactly like the leadtek, but I would think they are compatible with their own boards. :)

Thanks for all the help.