Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
zoablive
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Buying New Motherboard etc

Post by zoablive »

Hi folks,
I am about to build a new system. Budget about 2 to 2,500 AU$
My problem area is in a nutshell motherboard. Iwas going with 4 gig 1066 memory and a 7750 BE processor.
But what mobo. I like an upgrade path so down the track I can put in a more powerful processor with out the need for a new system.
Trouble is as you read reviews some are very positive where as others are very negative about the same product.
I was thinking of a foxconn A79A-s. So I can overclock and I really like the word stability.
I am not sold on any board or processor.
Thanks in advance for your help.
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Buying New Motherboard etc

Post by kappage »

zoablive wrote:Hi folks,
I am about to build a new system. Budget about 2 to 2,500 AU$
My problem area is in a nutshell motherboard. Iwas going with 4 gig 1066 memory and a 7750 BE processor.
But what mobo. I like an upgrade path so down the track I can put in a more powerful processor with out the need for a new system.
Trouble is as you read reviews some are very positive where as others are very negative about the same product.
I was thinking of a foxconn A79A-s. So I can overclock and I really like the word stability.
I am not sold on any board or processor.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Hello fellow australian! for your price range id build an i7.... Thats all the advice i can offer at the moment
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real