AMD M3A32-MVP problem

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Purplemess
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

AMD M3A32-MVP problem

Post by Purplemess »

Greetings,

Recently, my chassis broke down (physically broke) so I decided to mount my hardware in a new chassis. Having done that, I now have the problem that my system will not boot at all. Turning on the power and pressing the power button shortly results in a short spin-up of my fans, after which it dies down again. Keeping the power button pressed (~2 seconds) results in the following: My fans power up nicely, but that's about it. My screen remains black, I hear none of the usual POST-beeps and the front led is constantly red.

My hardware setup is as following:
400W power supply
Asus M3A32-MVP deluxe AMD Chipset 790FX⁄SB600 motherboard
4GB RAM (4x Kingston 1GB DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz CL5)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ CPU with stock cooler.
Asus GeForce 7200 GS 256MB DDR2 video card
Western Digital 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Caviar SE16 hard disk
Asus 2014L1T DVD writer.

Everything runs on stock speeds, nothing is over- or underclocked. I use a WinXP 64bit OS.

This setup ran flawlessly on my previous chassis (until it physically broke, I took it to a LAN-party once too often). Now, after building it in the new chassis it doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem and get the thing going again? I would be very grateful if you can help me.

With regards, Purplemess
Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AMD M3A32-MVP problem

Post by DMB2000uk »

Make sure that everything is plugged in/seated properly.

Try taking all the kit out of the new case and try it out on a table or something. Could be a rouge screw or standoff causing shorts on your mobo which is causing to to stay off.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Purplemess
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Purplemess »

Thanks for your answer,

This morning, I started disassembling the thing and decided to try again after each unconnected thing. With my DVD-writer and harddrive disconnected, the problem was still exactly equal. With the videocard removed, the fans kept running even if I hit the power button only for a short moment (whereas first, they would spin up and then stop again). Time constrains (study) stopped me there, but I'll continue removing the motherboard from the chassis when I'm back home again.

update 22:34: I took everything out of the chassis, put it up on the table (with a few spacers) and installed everything. I triplechecked every single connection, especially the power cables to the motherboard, and they are all correct. Still, the system is showing the exact same behaviour as previously. I'm kinda running out of ideas (apart from phoning the retailer) on how to fix this. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

~Purplemess
Due to financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

SOUNDS to me that it can be a psu related issue/.
Purplemess
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Purplemess »

That's a possibility. I'll try to get another PSU that is compatible with my motherboard (it needs one 24pin ATX and one 4pin ATX power supply) and see if that works. Thanks for your help so far.

~Purplemess