New motherboard installed, no boot.

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
lcbitethebullet
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

New motherboard installed, no boot.

Post by lcbitethebullet »

I just got a new motherboard, Geforce 7050M-M and installed it in an old case of mine, I got it mounted in the case and got everything hooked up. A few problems (which im gonna fix as soon as i have money >.<) The power switch doesn't fit on the motherboard, one of my friends showed me a method to start it with a screwdriver, which works, but i do not like. It's like unplugging the power supply every time you turn the computer off. I'm running it with a Geforce 8800 GS graphics card, but im not getting ANY display, using the installed graphics card or the built on graphics card. Also, the CPU, which is an athlon 64 bit, is not getting any heat when the computer boots, it stays the same, which is leading me to believe maybe the processor is having issues? But it was working fine on my other motherboard... I'm not too sharp with computers, i need some help!
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: New motherboard installed, no boot.

Post by Darkstar »

What do you mean the power switch doesnt fit on the motherboard? if the power to the motherboard is incorrect then it could be the cause of the rest of the problems you are having.

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
lcbitethebullet
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lcbitethebullet »

Well the case i am using is an old Compaq, and the power switch has kind of a wide plug in, my motherboard doesn't have the right plug for it, BUT, we did get power by touching two of the prongs together using a screwdriver,(again, not something i like to do, but yeah...) essentially this does the same thing as the power button does, but still get a blank screen.
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

Hi, I rebuilt a Pc for a friend and she had a 6 year old case, what I did was tack out the female connectors out of the insulation keeping the wires connected to the female connectors, I than used heat shrink to insulate the female connectors, than plugged them on the new board. That will tack care of the switch problem.

Try a different power supply and see what happens.

All so what is the full name and model of the motherboard you have??
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

would this be the same PSU that came with the compaq or another if not then you'll need to upgrade the psu and power switchs are a dime a dozen just go down to your local pc shop and ask they have any old atx cases that they dont want and sort through them till you fin one with an compatable cable end yoink the the micro switch and cable out go home and replace it 10~15min job you may also need some hot clue to help the switch fit
Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8320 @ 3700MHz NB/HT @ 2600MHZ
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 C9
1x Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 9550MHz core 1250MHz mem
1x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR212S SATA
2x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm raid0
1x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm storage
1x WD2500AAJS 8MB cache 7200rpm storage
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
SilverStone ST75F-P 750W PSU Full Modular
SilverStone RaVeN RV02B-W