someone help please

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
freeway29
Legit User
Legit User

someone help please

Post by freeway29 »

Hi all trying to fix a motherboard for freind,Its a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9 939 socket.
i have done a test on it as i got a new test card that displays errors and it shows NO CPU but of course there is one so i made sure it was seated in and had enough thermal paste on thats all fine,then i swapped over a another cpu that came out of a working system and still same error. By the way all work is done on a wooden bench withcardboard box and antistatic bag between the MB.
Now i have tried the cpu,swapping ram,the video card and also tested with just ram in and cpu still get error. the cpu fan spins and if i connect a dvd rive and hard drive that all powers up to but there are still no beeps,no bios screen as monitor just stays blank and post test card reads NO CPU i need help im at my wits end, is it the Motherboard gone . 8)
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: someone help please

Post by XstollieX »

From what you have said I would lean towards a bad board. What happens if you try and place the first cpu into the working system does it boot?
freeway29
Legit User
Legit User

Post by freeway29 »

thats only thing i havent tried but will do today and if that comes up with same error could only be a bad board hey.
freeway29
Legit User
Legit User

Post by freeway29 »

Ok i have checked the cpu of the motherboard thats not working and the cpu is fine as works in my other system, so if the cpu is fine and the heatsink and fan as well all the other stuff and it still comes up with the post error no cpu on the card must mead it's a bad board i guess.
ramon23035
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Someone help please

Post by ramon23035 »

Here are my questions. i've bought a new pc
CPU Intel I7920
Ram 6gb ddr
Video Card Ati hd 4550
Hd 500 gb
Os Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
i've got the pc with directx 11 installed,but i'm not sure if the video card support this directx version.I did a check about the skills of my sistem with the windows7 prestations's test
cpu 8.0
ram 7.5
video card 4.5
hd 6.5
well,as you can see the hd4550 isn't really doing a good job in plus i've bought some games(Gta IV,Tropico 3) but i can't run them.
tropico 3 says that an x1200 video card is the minimum required and that my one isn't enought good
Gta IV says that a critical error occoured error DD3D30
Have i to change the videocard or it maybe something else(virus or else) that is locking the prestations of my pc?
thanks for all answers
ramon23035
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

freeway29 wrote:Ok i have checked the cpu of the motherboard thats not working and the cpu is fine as works in my other system, so if the cpu is fine and the heatsink and fan as well all the other stuff and it still comes up with the post error no cpu on the card must mead it's a bad board i guess.
That is a bad board, your friend need a new one.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Someone help please

Post by DL13 »

ramon23035 wrote:Here are my questions. i've bought a new pc
CPU Intel I7920
Ram 6gb ddr
Video Card Ati hd 4550
Hd 500 gb
Os Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
i've got the pc with directx 11 installed,but i'm not sure if the video card support this directx version.I did a check about the skills of my sistem with the windows7 prestations's test
cpu 8.0
ram 7.5
video card 4.5
hd 6.5
well,as you can see the hd4550 isn't really doing a good job in plus i've bought some games(Gta IV,Tropico 3) but i can't run them.
tropico 3 says that an x1200 video card is the minimum required and that my one isn't enought good
Gta IV says that a critical error occoured error DD3D30
Have i to change the videocard or it maybe something else(virus or else) that is locking the prestations of my pc?
thanks for all answers
ramon23035
The 4550 card dos not support DX11. Win 7 might not support thous games from the sounds of it.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"