Ethernet Controller Drivers Windows XP

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
bockboy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Ethernet Controller Drivers Windows XP

Post by bockboy »

Hi,

I recently reformatted my computer and installed Windows XP Home. Unfortunately I cannot connect to the internet anymore. I looked at the drivers in the device manager and the Ethernet Controller has a yellow exclamation mark beside it. I understand that similar issues have been discussed however by googling it I have had no success. I cannot find the correct driver. Note that each time I try to do a Driver scan or something similar, I have to save the scanner to my Flash Drive. However this never works as the scanner always needs to connect to the internet, which is no good to me. I tried the Everest links but that no longer exists. This is becoming very cumbersome for me as I need the internet to do my home business. My computer specs are "AMD Phenom(tm) 8450" and the part number on my Motherboard is "RS780M03A1-8EKRS2HM". Keep in mind that I will pay whoever back that helps me with karma. I am forever grateful because this is losing me money fast.

Thanks so much for reading.
Velo:Sity

Re: Ethernet Controller Drivers Windows XP

Post by Velo:Sity »

You might try this one.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

If you purchased the PC i would check the manufactur website for the drivers for your model. Or update to windows 7 and 99.9% of the time you wont even need to install any drivers.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
bockboy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by bockboy »

Thanks for the replies. I found out my computer is an Acer model "Aspire M5200". I'm not sure if that helps or not.

When I go to http://driverfinderpro.com/support-drivers.php?id=acer I can download the Driver_Finder Setup. I then copy it onto my thumbdrive and then transfer my thumbdrive over to my non-connecting computer. Once I open the Driver_Finder Setup on my computer and start to run the install I get the error message "Download Failed! resolving hostname. To run the setup again, please restart the installer."

I have tried this with a couple different Driver Finders with no luck. They all seem to stop halfway through the installation. I've tried "Driveragent", "DriverWhiz", and "DriverFInder".

I don't want to buy another version of windows as that can get rather expensive.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can get for you or anything I can try that would help to resolve this.

Thanks
bockboy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by bockboy »

I think I may have a solution but need some more help. I can download the Acer Driver Finder that is associated with my Model Acer Aspire M5200. It's found at the link I provided above.

My question is this, when I download the DriverFinder_Setup.exe from the website on this computer, run the .exe file which sets up the program, copy it onto my thumbdrive, and then copy it from my thumbdrive to my non-connected computer, why is it not working? How would I get around this issue?

Keep in mind that the computer that I want the program to run on doesn't have access to the internet.

Thanks
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

This should be the driver you need. As long as it is the Aspire M5200. Here is the page with all of the drivers for your system. Hope that helps :)
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

I dont recommend using programs like "driver finder pro" as most of them are are poor quality, buggy, and sometime loaded with spyware or malware. Its always best to just go to the manufactures website directly to get the drivers. XstollieX looks to have found what you need.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED