New Motherboard help please

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
Kenadjian Jr.
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

New Motherboard help please

Post by Kenadjian Jr. »

Hi there I am in need of a new board my water cooler sprung a leak and hit my mainboard unfortunately my original board is crosshair formula iv extreme edition I can replace it but thought I'd look at something new I will still be using my original parts

Prosser 1100t
Gpu xfx HD6970 X3
Ram corsair denominator-gt ddr3 2000

I mainly want a board that can run 3 gpu at 16 speed like my original one could

Any ideas? thank you for ur time

Regards Sean
KnightRid

Re: New Motherboard help please

Post by KnightRid »

I can't help much with AMD but I think Asus has a Sabertooth board that seemed very nice last time I checked. Just stay away from ASRock as they suck and blame everything wrong with their motherboards on the consumer cause they make crap and wont admit it ( http://forums.legitreviews.com/about43923.html ).
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: New Motherboard help please

Post by InspectahACE »

I think the Crosshair IV Extreme was the only AMD board of recent time that did 3x 16x PCI-E.

None of the newer 990fx Crosshair boards do all 3 at 16x and neither does the 990fx Sabertooth. Regardless 16x,8x,8x isn't gonna be that huge of difference if any. If you're that hung on all 3 slots at 16x then probably ebay might be your best shot at replacing with the same exact board.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro