Machspeed NF4 Problems

Discussion about AMD CPU Motherboards
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Machspeed NF4 Problems

Post by dgood »

So MachSpeed Boasts a Lifetime warranty and I'm about to find out what that means. I built my bro a computer form parts I had when I upgraded my 4000+ to a Fx-60. I got a combo with a Machspeed mobo making it cheaper in the end for me to buy it. Anyway, It died this week. We checked by swaping it out with a friends (not working all that well) A8N-Sli Deluxe. It works but it has problems also but I got the computer running so I'm sure the motherboard was the problem as it wouldnt' even turn on before. I filled out the card to make the 1 year warranty a lifetime warranty and its been less than a year anyway. Why would it died that quickly any ideas?
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

got a reply today asking for the model number of the board.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

Ok so a while back they finally had me send it rma. they sent it back within a week and it is the same board, I know because the little clip on the pci-e x16 is still broken. so now it is the question of whether or not it is "fixed." they sent ti back and it says nothing in the box, just sent it back. I've never had an rma before and never had a hardware problem until this now. So now I need a 939 proc to test the mobo with. I am going to order a 3800x2 and if my 300watt psu doesn't work well then I"ll go up to a larger one. My real question here is what do they do with rma's and is it usual to get it back with no real note of any kind?
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

i would contact them again.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

well I contacted them, and sure enough, they gave me a new board. so I have it up and running with a 3800x2, unfortunatly I never tried the 300 watt psu as a friend gave me a cheap 450 watter. Board works great so far at least we'll see if I can get the processor up to 2.6 or 2.7 again like I did the last one I had.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Machspeed NF4 Problems

Post by dgood »

Oddly enough it took until yesterday to find out the replacement board I got has a problem itself. The sata ports don't work. I had been using it ide with a 10gb hard disk drive. Now my friend wants to buy a system off my and I tried putting in his 250 GB sata II drive and it wouldnt' register in the bios. tested the drive on my own computer to make sure it worked. It did. Then I checked the bios to see if sata is enabled. It was. The tech at machspeed said the ide controller controls sata so it's odd that one works and the other doesn't. Guess I'll have to send it back for a second replacement. At least they are good about that.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

95% of the time when you RMA a motherboard they send the same one back. I don't know how they "fix" issues but apprently they do or don't. Concerning the SATA drive, is the HDD you have SATA II? Is the SATA contoller on the board SATA I? I have an older Abit SATA I board that will not boot a SATA II disk. Some HDD manufacturers sell SATA II drive with jumpers to set it as SATA I for older boards.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

sata II controller and sata I will run sata II ones you just have to set the jumpers to run at 1.5 in stead of 3.0. It is a differnet motherboard from before it has a different s/n. I checked and had them check. I think I'm just going to use an IDE one and just say screw rmaing it again. got a 250gb ide ata 133 on the way. I'll just trade the guy for his sata II hd and pop it in my 754 board at 1.5.