ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE Arrives

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE Arrives

Post by grunt »

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/pro ... &model=239

Ive been thinking about building an intel system vs amd 64 since I wont get the FX line till I get back. I notice this thing has a 1066 bus, how will this board compare to the "2000" system bus that the amd 64 advertises?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Funny you bring up the Fatal1ty board.

It arrived today! As for how good it is? This one arrived DOA (Dead On Arrival), so I am waiting on a replacement already!

This sucker has 5 fans! Note the special cooling on the DDR2 memory. We've hit over 800MHz on DDR2 and didn't have any heat issues so I'm suprised to see special fans cooling a DDR2 533MHz board!

Once we get a running board from ABIT we are hoping to break some old records.

The ABIT AA8XE is $147 and the ABIT AA8XE Fatal1ty is $220, so we plan on taking both boards on a head to head review and see if there is a performance difference or just a pricing difference.

grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

... Anxiously taps foot....
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

I've got a question that I know the readers will want to know...

Why is it that they chose to implement the Fatal1ty "gaming" series on an Intel based system when we have seen that the Athlon 64 based systems have superior gaming performance?

I wonder if we will see benchmark charts that show a typical Athlon 64 based system out-performing this Fatal1ty "gamers" system.

We will soon find out!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

well ABIT is producing ABIT Fatal1ty AMD and Intel based boards, so it isn't Intel specific.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

that is also very interesting
Justin West
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

Well I think I will wait for the fatal1ty, AMD style :mrgreen:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I got to spend about an hour and a half with Mark Walden from ABIT/FATAL1TY, a really great guy. look for a short article later this week about my experience in Dallas and more specifically my time talking with Mark....needless to say, we are looking at the beginning of a huge release of FATAL1TY products, look for boards, video cards, HSF combos, and yes even complete systems built around the FATAL1TY name. I like what I see so far in that they are building everything with very good products from to to bottom....unlike alot of system builders who use a few high end components and surround them with generic parts. should be very interesting to see where this leads. Stay tuned
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

HardOCP posted up their review... after a quick look at the numbers... looks like if you want a gaming system or video encoding, the Athlon64 system in their testing was still on top.

Oh... and the ASUS Intel board they compared it to was faster in the "apples-to-apples" comparisons. Kinda what I expected for some reason.

Ah... and one more thing I have to do... Kyle made the quote of the month in this article:
KyleB wrote:If you are looking for a motherboard that is going to get you the speed crown in every "e-penis" benchmark out there, this motherboard is not for you. If you are wanting a rock solid Pentium 4 gaming platform that will allow you to overclock into MHz territory before unknown, the ABIT Fatal1ty AA8XE should be on your very short list.
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzA1LDE=
Justin West