Gigabyte v Asus ???

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
shamrok3
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Gigabyte v Asus ???

Post by shamrok3 »

Smart move... Not. I did fix up the internal wiring on my rig, just for the pics, basically that topic that I posted into seemed to be a wiring bashing topic... Skipp basically told everyone that their wiring needed work... :shock: :rolleyes:
Multiple Exclamation marks - The first sign of an unsound mind.

Rig: Intel 3930K, Noctua U12P-SE2 , ASUS P9X79, 16GB RAM, 60GB OCZ Vertex 3, 2x3TB Seagate (RAID 0), 1TB Samsung F3, EVGA GTX760, CM 650 Watt PSU
NZXT HU002 Case, LG Blu-Ray Writer/Combo
21.5" BenQ E2200HD @ 1920x1080, Razer Lachesis/Lycosa/Sennheiser HD558, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
Baggs
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Baggs »

I've had a terrible experience with Asus this summer actually.

My gf's mobo, PW5 Deluxe started being weird, not reading correct CPU clock, ram etc

I returned it, they told me a week later they'll replace it but it never happened.
About 3 months later (after visiting the store repeatedly) they decided to offer me a 70 euros (mobo's retail price was 154 euros) reimbursement although their warranty policy clearly states they will replace the broken hardware with a new one of the same model or one of equal value.

We're now both using Gigabyte.

I'm not trying to tell you that Asus is terrible, on the contrary their products are great and so are Gigabyte's products.
Whatever you choose make sure you look into the guarantee thing. You never know when hardware is going to fail and need a replacement.
skier

Post by skier »

Baggs wrote:I returned it, they told me a week later they'll replace it but it never happened.
About 3 months later (after visiting the store repeatedly) they decided to offer me a 70 euros (mobo's retail price was 154 euros) reimbursement although their warranty policy clearly states they will replace the broken hardware with a new one of the same model or one of equal value.
to the store?? is there an ASUS store i don't know about? retailer customer support has nothing to do with a manufacturers, if you need to get something replaced, go to the manufacturer themselves and it'll be all taken care of (except i believe newegg is good about replacements)(i RMA'd a year old 9600 GSO that had been overclocked and running folding@home the whole time, Applied for RMA dec 21st, sent it the 23rd and got a new one back a week after newyears, it shoulda been faster, but it DID get there after Christmas so it makes a lot of sense)
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Baggs
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Baggs »

Well, stuff works differently here in Greece.

You basically return the item back to the store where you bought it from and they contact the manufacturer for you, send the item and call you when the replacement is back to go grab it.

Its a shame Asus didnt replace the mobo at all, it was a good one.