D975XBX2 Audio issue spidf (optical)

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Trebourx
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

D975XBX2 Audio issue spidf (optical)

Post by Trebourx »

Hi there I have a problem with the optical output on my board and wonder if someone could help,
I have the optical cable plugged in the back in the spdif output going to a 5.1 surround sound system that supports dolby sourround sound
Im using the Audio: IDT* 92XX Driver which gives me IDT audio sound suite to configure my audio the problem is this driver doesn't seem to recognise my spdif output or well it does but thinks its the speakers / hp rather than the spdif output, This in turn doesn't give me the correct 5.1 Dolby which im trying to get, if I change the setting from the usual speakers to spdif the speaker system doesn't work which is bizarre,
I have un installed the driver and tried the standard vista hd audio which seems to work fine it shows the spdif plugged in and working and shows the speakers / hp unplugged I would use this but it doesn't have the Dolby option for 5.1,
Also if i set the 5.1 on the idt suite it appears to work but when i watch a film the voices dont work which is needless to say well annoying.
I had this working fine before but i have just recently reinstalled on a new drive and obviously had the re down all the drivers i think i was using an old driver but unfortunately this is no longer listed on the Intel site, I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this problem and managed to fix it, any help is greatly appreciated.

Also im using vista 64 bit