My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ........

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
eruptionjoojo
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ........

Post by eruptionjoojo »

Hello Everyone,
I have a DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop(around 3yrs. old) .......... motherboard - Foxconn G33M02 ...... it was working fine till yesterday but after having cleaned the system for dust and all ...... I again powered the system and it just woun't start i.e. even after pressing the power button(on the front side of the system), nothing happens i mean no fans moving,no light of any kind, no nothing. Although the Green LED under the power cable connector turns green (on the back side,Just below the power cable connector) after having attached the power cable to it. For having a look inside i opened the cabinet that found that the Orange LED is light up almost on the top right corner of the motherboard but nothing happens while i press the power button ..... and thus i'm fearing that the motherboard has gone out of order ...........
In order to troubleshoot the problem i jumped the Green and Black cable ports of the PSU and the fan starting moving ........ so, i'm supposing that the PSU is working fine ...

I'm also wanting to know how to check the motherboard and if so the individual capacitors and resistors on it ...........and if just in case i'm unable to resolve the issue what options do i have in terms of motherboard(which is similar in technical specifications to my original motherboard), as DELL is charging me a lot more than the price of a new Motherboard .............
so,kindly suggest me a new motherboard of similar capacity i.e. no of SATA ports,IDE ports,RAM slots etc.which i can buy from a local vendor ........

My current system configuration are as follows :-
Intel Pentium Dual Core E2160
Foxconn G33M02 Motherboard
300 Watts PSU/SMPS
SATA DVD RW+/-
Bluetooth module with 13 in 1 media card reader
IEEE firewire 1394
TV tuner card(internal)
Intel's Onboard LAN
SATA HDD 160 GB
Link to the Specification page :-

http://supportapj.dell.com/support/edoc ... #wp1052310

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated ............
thnxx in advance .............
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ........

Post by bubba »

May have bumped the switch cable that runs to the motherboard.

The connections are on the lower right of the board near the SATA connectors, will be 3 or 4 pairs of wires. one should be marked as PWR SW.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
eruptionjoojo
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: My DELL INSPIRON 530 Desktop Computer Won't Turn ON ........

Post by eruptionjoojo »

Thnxxx a lot for your reply ..............
and yeah the good news is that my system has started working perfectly again .........
it all happened while i removed everything off my computer except the motherboard and processor and troubleshooted the Power ON/OFF switch ..... n there i was there was a loose/faulty connection at the terminal of the ON/OFF switch connection .........
So,while i pressed the port quiet hard and powered the ON/OFF switch, the computer started and there and then my problem got solved .......... although i had previously also reseated the On/OFF switch port earlier but i don't know still may be there was some error earlier ........
thnxxx again .............