DG965SS + GeForce 8800GT

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
PolisUgis
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

DG965SS + GeForce 8800GT

Post by PolisUgis »

Hey.

I have this problem that nobody seems to be able to solve in other forums, so i now ask you for some help.

I used to use this video card (RADEON X1300 Pro) but then i bought a Palit GeForce 8800 GT. You can see what do they both need to work. Well, i have this Intel DG965SS motherboard and it really seems that it is acting crazy. My Radeon card in PCI-E slot is working fine, but when i take it out and plug in 8800GT video card, it just does not boot. Insted, my pc uses built-in video card and acts like there is no video card in PCI-E slot. Yes, i have updated BIOS, i have put PCI-E slot as primary - nothing. I have pluged in 6pin connector, i have tried to reset my BIOS - nothing!

I searced, nobody has talked about this problem, for everybody but me, DG965SS motherboard is working with this 8800GT video card. Video card is not broken, i tested it on friends PC. PSU is powerfull enaugh.

I just don't know what else could be the problem, nobody seems to know what else to try. Maybe someone here will have some solutions, i really hope!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DG965SS + GeForce 8800GT

Post by Apoptosis »

Sounds like you found an incompatibility between that card and that motherboard if both work on other boards and with other cards. It could be the vBIOS or the motherboards BIOS. No way to really tell and with how old both cards, don't hold your breath on an update to fix it. :(

If it works on a friends PC and not yours that is pretty much the only thing it could be. I've only seen that a few times over the past decade, so sucks you bumped into it.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: DG965SS + GeForce 8800GT

Post by lordvic »

Did you unistall the ATi display drivers for the X1300 before installing your GeForce 8800GT? If you haven't, see if that works...
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit