First Picture of the Gigabyte X58A-OC Motherboard

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Picture of the Gigabyte X58A-OC Motherboard

Post by Apoptosis »

The First Picture of the Gigabyte X58A-OC Motherboard has been posted up on Facebook, so I thought I'd pull it down and share it with all you here on Legit Reviews.
gigabyte-x58a-oc.jpg
gigabyte-x58a-oc.jpg (23.71 KiB) Viewed 7186 times
As you can see it has a ton of PCIe X16 slots and in the right case it looks like you can fit four dual-slot graphics cards on this board just fine! I wonder what the MOSFET cooling solution will look like. I also like the basic I/O panel.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Re: First Picture of the Gigabyte X58A-OC Motherboard

Post by skier »

Apoptosis wrote:TI wonder what the MOSFET cooling solution will look like. I also like the basic I/O panel.
I can guarantee it will have at least one heatpipe from the PWM to NB as almost all GA boards do

that I/O panel is bizarre, only 3 minijacks, both PS/2 connectors yet still having USB3? It's backward and forward at the same time. should be a single Mouse+KB PS/2, and two more USB ports if you ask me, wouldnt take any more space and more USB is always better (I can use 8 rear panel USB ports at any given time (going by number of devices I have) and I would only want up to use up to 3 ports in the front (ease for my externals or flash drives). also the 8 isn't even considering flash drives, which could set me up to 10, though If i use my card reader it would be 9 (camera))
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Actually we do know what the cooler will look like:
ces_2011_gigabyte_oc.jpg
ces_2011_gigabyte_oc.jpg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 6989 times
Follow Me on Twitter!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

skier wrote:
that I/O panel is bizarre, only 3 minijacks, both PS/2 connectors yet still having USB3? It's backward and forward at the same time. should be a single Mouse+KB PS/2, and two more USB ports if you ask me, wouldnt take any more space and more USB is always better (I can use 8 rear panel USB ports at any given time (going by number of devices I have) and I would only want up to use up to 3 ports in the front (ease for my externals or flash drives). also the 8 isn't even considering flash drives, which could set me up to 10, though If i use my card reader it would be 9 (camera))
Skier,
This board isn't aimed to be a mainstream board at all, it is being design for Extreme overclocking. I wouldn't be to surprised if it didn't have everything on it required for being in a case, ie, front panel pin outs and such. I'm not saying that it doesn't..but I wouldn't be to surprised if it didn't. After all it's being marketed as a very stripped down version for overclocking
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I can honestly say I think this is the very first board that has had the design around overclocking only and not daily use or functionality... I kinda like it.... You know the price should be cheaper, but since it will be made in smaller numbers and is the first of its kind we all know it will cost more.
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Post by skier »

i dont really understand what this is for, i mean the UD7 and UD9 aren't exactly your daily driver type boards to begin with

unless this has like 30 phases or something

upon actually looking into it, the UD7 is only triple slot and the UD9 has been pulled from the market, though the SR-2 is still available in a lot of places

seems like just a cheaper version of the UD9 with updated coloring
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

image[3].png
image[3].png (270.75 KiB) Viewed 6824 times
Last week I wrote about the new X58A-OC board we have coming out soon and showed the IO panel and thought I’d follow it up with some more features. This one is pretty neat as you can see in the photo.

We are providing some extra ports to power the PCI Express slots when you run 3-4x SLI/XFIRE. In the past you would see boards like ours using molex connectors in some obscure places on the board that are frankly hard to reach and a touch tricky when it comes to insulation. This new layout will help make easier to provide the extra power without needing to route cables in the middle of the board.

You can see we are providing both SATA2 and SATA3. We are trying to keep it as lean and mean as we can without sacrificing some reasonable functionality. I’ll see what other photos I can dig out and put it up soon. Stay tuned!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Finally the first picture of what looks like the retail version of the Gigabyte X58A-OC Motherboard!
image_thumb[5].png
image_thumb[5].png (614.39 KiB) Viewed 6667 times
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I like the orange and black!
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

X58-OC-00_L[3].jpg
X58-OC-00_L[3].jpg (35.19 KiB) Viewed 6611 times
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

when is this board supposed to come out? I kinda like the use of the colors.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Apoptosis wrote:
Last week I wrote about the new X58A-OC board we have coming out soon and showed the IO panel and thought I’d follow it up with some more features. This one is pretty neat as you can see in the photo.

We are providing some extra ports to power the PCI Express slots when you run 3-4x SLI/XFIRE. In the past you would see boards like ours using molex connectors in some obscure places on the board that are frankly hard to reach and a touch tricky when it comes to insulation. This new layout will help make easier to provide the extra power without needing to route cables in the middle of the board.
I like it, more and more power supplies are including less and less standard molex connectors. I have an old nForce 4 board that has a molex connection at the bottom left hand side of the board. That was some dumb planning.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Nice board..The colors of my good ol' high school too
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro