BIOS CONFLICT

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
[email protected]
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

BIOS CONFLICT

Post by [email protected] »

I just installed a new Socket 775 motherboard which uses the new Intel P43 chipset. After hours of re-installing everything, my Focusrite Firewire Audio Interface driver does not work on this board. OS and everything else is the same. This board has a pretty complicated BIOS. Anything obvious I may have wrong?

Focusrite is no longer making driver updates for Vista 64, but if I upgrade to Win7 may still have problem.
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: BIOS CONFLICT

Post by vbironchef »

I have a socket 775 board and it has issues with the audio. Go into the bios and turn off the onboard audio and see if that helps. I would intsall windows 7 asap. Just my opinion. BTW, I have a creative sound card installed on the rig. I think it has something to do with windows OS media edition. Doesn't matter if you have that OS or not it just shows up. Even in device manager it shows a issue. It's not your fault or problem. Just a bug in the motherboard.
[email protected]
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by [email protected] »

Thanks, I disabled OnBoard audio, same problem. I guess it cant hurt to try Win 7, everyone says its better anyway and Vista outdated.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

It is but you probably still need a driver for windows 7 as well.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....