Motherboard QUestion

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Motherboard QUestion

Post by DragonFury »

I think it is about time I need to update my current motherboard with something a bit newer. The Asus R2E is starting to get a bit long in tooth so I started looking at x58 based boards and narrowed it down to 2 choices.

FIrst one is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-OC HERE

Second one The Asus R3E motherboard HERE

Now I like the layout of the Gigabyte board a bit better then the R3E, more specifically how the PCI-E VGA ports a laid out. Because I can have both of my Vids in plus still use the last two PCI-E ports for other things along side being able to use the PCI port, for whatever I may need it for. The bad about the Gigabyte board is the lack of USB ports (Limited amount) because I have to use a Active DP to DVI adapter that needs the use of a USB 2.0 port, but I can compensate and get a USB hub to gain a few USB ports back.

Which board would you think be the best board for my Core i7 970? I am leaning more towards the Gigabyte board, but I like some input from those who reviewed these boards plus from the users. Thank you
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Motherboard QUestion

Post by pwcmed »

I would save my money for Intels new sandybridge.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Motherboard QUestion

Post by DragonFury »

I have no clue when it is coming out. Thats what I was planning on earlier this year.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....