Flawless new build

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
hkancyr
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Flawless new build

Post by hkancyr »

I have just built the computer in my sig and it went so smooth it was spooky. Every part arrived and without fail worked as advertised. I was able to configure the SSD/HDD easily, and startup time is now 30 seconds from button push to ready to go. Temps are very low for the CPU and the GPU is at least 10C cooler than the 470 version. Noise level is low as well, I haven't touched the H100's variable speed button, it seems to regulate itself well. The case stays cool and has great flow, due in part to the nice cable management system, and the fan layout. (not having 8 HDD's spinning helps too)
This is in stark contrast to the previous build (Badaxe2) that took months of tweaking and BIOS updates to get going at a somewhat stable condition.
Just wanted people to know that this kind of thing is possible. No doubt luck has something to do with it, still can't get over not having to return anything.
Using all stock settings for everything, no overclocking plans for the near future, though this setup is known to have good OC potential. I just want to enjoy it's troublefree goodness for a while.
Here's hoping your build is as hassle free as mine.
Old one- D975XBX2, QX6700, 6Gigs Corsair DDR2, 8X500Gig HDD's, 470 GTX , Koolance EXOS2, 24" BenQ, Win7 Ulti.
New one- Asus Z77 Sabertooth, I7 3770K, EVGA 670 GTX, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, 2TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair H100, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Corsair 850 PSU, Corsair 500R case, Win 7 64bit Pro
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Flawless new build

Post by DragonFury »

nice looking system you got there :)
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

It's nice when everything goes together easily. It really stinks when you get a part that is DOA and you have to troubleshoot your new build.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Mine went together perfectly too. Glad it happens to others :)
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro