ASRock Intel 8 Series Boards For Haswell

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ASRock Intel 8 Series Boards For Haswell

Post by Apoptosis »

ASRock is showing off these boards at CeBIT:

First up we have the ASRock Z87-Extreme6 ATX motherboard. This board features 10-phase VRM powering the CPU socket, four DDR3 DIMM memory slots, three PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots, and a PCI Express 2.0 x1 slot, plus a mini PCI e and a legacy PCI slot. DVI, HDMI, and D-Sub make up the video outputs, while four USB 3.0 ports and 8-channel audio, plus Gigabit Ethernet, populate the rest of the back panel.
Z87 Extreme6.jpg
The ASRock Z87 Pro4-M is a high-end mATX board that has six SATA III ports, a pair of PCIe 3.0 x16 slots and two PCIe x1 slots. It looks to have a 6 phase power setup and a nice layout.
Z87 Pro4-M.jpg
Then we have an Intel H87 Express board called the ASRock H87 Pro 4.
H87 Pro4.jpg
H87 Pro4.jpg (216.41 KiB) Viewed 11436 times
The next motherboard is the ASRock B85M, which uses the Intel B85 chipset and is, thus, more of an entry-level platform, with the micro-ATX form factor and just two DDR3 memory slots.
B85M.jpg
B85M.jpg (282.32 KiB) Viewed 11436 times
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: ASRock Intel 8 Series Boards For Haswell

Post by KnightRid »

Grrrrrrrr

You too may be lucky and get an ASRock motherboard with bent cpu pins that they will then blame on you and not honor the warranty :finga:

Don't worry ASRock, I have not forgotten about you as I look at this MB box every day and think of how great Gigabyte is
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASRock Intel 8 Series Boards For Haswell

Post by Kaos Kid »

I was able to fix bent pins on a LGA775 board with a sewing needle, magnifying glass, reading glasses, and a whole lot of patience. YRMV
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: