Which is most efficient X99 board?

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
ohenryy
Legit User
Legit User

Which is most efficient X99 board?

Post by ohenryy »

It's probably not one of the first things to consider when buying a highend X99 board, but I'm still curious which one out there is the most efficient and can save me money for the long run. Can anyone help?
lukart
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Which is most efficient X99 board?

Post by lukart »

Well there are few tests online, this one in particular: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/int ... 34-15.html
The Asrock performed quite well!

I would say the most important things besides the efficiency would be the expandbility, slots, SATA ports etc, anything that makes this board future proof.. ;)
ohenryy
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ohenryy »

Well, I plan to have a 5820K with a couple of graphics cards...the only thing I foresee myself adding would be extra HDDs, so something like Asrock Extreme 3 or 4...or Gigabyte UD3 or UD4 is what I'm looking at.
lukart
Legit User
Legit User

Post by lukart »

I think you will be pretty ok with Asrock 4, decent pricing and good specs!
Any plans for overclock?
ohenryy
Legit User
Legit User

Post by ohenryy »

Ok, Extreme4 it is. I do plan to overclock it a little just for the heck of it, but first I need to get all the parts. Will share some photos when i'm done.
lukart
Legit User
Legit User

Post by lukart »

Overclocking can be handled through the A-Tune Windows based software, or through the BIOS settings. I like the A-Tune because it gives you firmware controls from inside Windows. I'm not an expert at overclocking, so my preference is to use the auto-tuning method provided...