Latest chipset MB with IDE

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Latest chipset MB with IDE

Post by sbohdan »

Hey guys. I'm looking for a MB that has an IDE. I do realize that new motherboards have no IDE connections and the rig I have, which has a P67 chipset MB lacks it also, so my question is: what is the last chipset MB that still has an IDE connection on it? I would realy appreciate any help on this.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Latest chipset MB with IDE

Post by bubba »

My question would be why do you need IDE?

Do remember some Z77 boards had and IDE port.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I'd get a PCI PATA controller card before I started looking for motherboards with PATA onboard. It'd be your cheaper option.
simple
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by simple »

:? oh,guy tell me why do you neet IDE connection? but I955X and I975X chipset with IDE connections.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I knew you guys will ask me that :)

Ok, so I'm an audiophile music listener and fact is, that some old yamaha CD writers were best for recording music. They were capable of 1x recording. Unfortunately they had IDE interfaces at the time. As for PATA controller card, I have tried one before and the damn thing just fried the recorder, so I get to hunt for an other one on e-bay. I do realize that just for recording CD-s I can use a P4 or any other junk but I would also like something that is capable of playing games (for my son) at the same time. Now, don't even start with "it doesn't matter what speed you use for CD recording 'cause it's just zeros and ones, digital data.." - because it does. Not to mention the hardware itself. So anyway: I need help with finding the latest hardware that still has an IDE controller.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

well... have fun with that LOL :finga:

I know burning slower will help prevent errors with large data like on BR, but a CD?? I know my burner will go as slow as 6x, guess I'm not patient enough, that and years in a machine/manufacturing shops my ears can't hear the difference between FLAC and 128kbps MP3s :mrgreen:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Well if you can't hear the difference between Flac and 128kb mp3 than I guess no difference for you but I have good hearing and a high End system. So anyway, can anyone recommend something?
lolsith
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lolsith »

i know you can get a 775 motherboard on ebay. assuming your have a 775 cpu haha, you can still get some online that have DDR3 capability too.

i have never bothered with speed limiting for audio though, as long as you use good quality media and a good quality burner, i dont see how there would be a noticeable difference. Here i use shintaro discs and have never had a failure.
Unlike previous posters i can tell the difference between 128k, 192k, 320k, and Full FLAC - optical audio 7.1 System
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

You guys are clueless when it comes to high end. Anyway, I don't need any advice on whether quality is affected by recording speed or not. I do need someone to tell me MB model numbers that have an IDE controller on board. Anyone?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I was asking if it was the slow 1x burn speed that was the reason for the quality, or the drives just that good.

Intel doesn't go past Z77 chipsets... ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty ... fessional/

AMD they kept it around a little longer, some of the 960 series chipsets still had IDE.... but only ones I could find still rocking the PATA connection that you can still buy are Asrock boards http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813157323

Nothing current gen AMD or Intel will rock an PATA connection. Its a dead connection.
-Thomas Jefferson
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

bubba wrote:I was asking if it was the slow 1x burn speed that was the reason for the quality, or the drives just that good.
The 1x speed is a must and good quality hardware (the laser head, solid mechanics end quality components are important also). Yamaha had a couple of models long time ago, when they purposely made them as good as a high end audio component. Unfortunately multiple speed and the lack of interest stopped these models from being made.
Also the drives have to be 16 bit (CD's are recorded in 16bit) and not 1bit or 18, 20, 24 as they later came out. Of course differences in the sound will never be noticable on computers or low-fi audio systems but they will be audible on a high end system (It's like waching an 4K movie on an old tube TV - you will see no difference compared to DVD's)

Thanks for the tip and the link :) Might just try the one of the asrocks.