D975XBX2 Audio Driver unable to install

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
Madnine
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

D975XBX2 Audio Driver unable to install

Post by Madnine »

As I can see this forum is the right place for my problem. I was building up a new system with a D975XBX2 Intel motherboard. Everything worked fine so far. Then I tried to install the driver from the original CD and the audio driver was unable to install. So I tried to download the latest versions from Intel. These drivers didn't work too: Unable to find the hardware for this driver!

Thanks for your help!
Cypher
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Cypher »

Weird.

What OS are you running?
Facebook | Linux Systems Administrator | Web and Software Developer | Microsoft Certified Professional

"Wielding power untouched by mortal man."
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

i know it's more than likely already done, but make sure the audio device is enabled in the BIOS. If you go to device manager does it list the audio device as having no driver installed?
Gero
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Gero »

I had the installation problem with audio drivers also. Intel supuort was NO HELP. I solved the problem by removing all USB devices, removing all parts of the driver AND audio applications and then reinstalling. This worked for me. Kind of validating my suspicion that the problem was USB buss related, is that I still can knock my audio back out again by connecting my USB thumb drive that has fingerprint recognition on it. If I pull it from the system and reboot, my audio returns fine.

Hope this helps. Please post a response.