here we go (amd vs intel)

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

here we go (amd vs intel)

Post by grunt »

I am so eager to get my little hands on my new pc.... My initial decision was concrete cause of intels 800 mhz fsb vs amd much lower.... Well now I see that it doesnt really run at 800mhz... Im a gamer, so what will the 64bit really do for me? Im sure this is a common debate over which chip is best for a lot of people but you guys seem to be very knowledgeable on pc stuff so I want to know... I had been looking at either a 2.6 or 2.8 intel but now Im lost.. HELP!!!

oh yeah... I also dont really have nor want to spend the dough on that 64bit system.... As for intel... will I see a difference between the 865 and 875 chipsets asus has?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Wait for just a little bit longer. I'll be posting a review using the Intel 3.2C, 3.2 EE, a prescott, the Athlon 64 3000+, the Athlon Barton 3200+, and the A64 FX-51. It will be a 6 way shoot out and it should give you a great idea where everything falls. I'm under NDA so I can't say a date, but soon...very soon! Plus it's common/public knowledge the P4 "C" processor's are having a price cut on Feb 1st.
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

any chance youve done your test??
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

http://www.legitreviews.com/Reviews/prescott_1.shtml

yuppers...take a look. We also posted an overclocking review yesterday