problem ON Q6600 IN SIMS 3 ONLY 1 processor in use!!!

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
PINI.D
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

problem ON Q6600 IN SIMS 3 ONLY 1 processor in use!!!

Post by PINI.D »

so when ן play SIMS 3 I SEE that only 1 processor in use look:
please halp :(
many thanks
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: problem ON Q6600 IN SIMS 3 ONLY 1 processor in use!!!

Post by ibleet »

Hello and welcome to LR! Please take a moment to register and introduce yourself.

Let me keep this real general until someone more qualified can answer...

1 - Not all games are set up to utilize multiple cores. I'm not sure about the Sims game that you have, but I am pretty sure that most of the newer games are multi-threaded.

If I recall correctly, a lot of people had issue with Sims 2 running slow and laggy and that was because it did NOT support more than a single core.

2 - Check the affinity in the task manager to see how many cores are being utilized by the application.
PINI.D
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by PINI.D »

OK,SO first at all Thank you for your answering!
and Hello everyone my name ist 'pini.d' and i'm happy to jonig this nice Forum :).
for your answers:
1:sims 3 out in this year [2009] still could be not support in multiple cores? ist slightly stupid no?
and 2:i did,look in the picture:up its the 4 processors.and down ist the ram memory.
http://up141.siz.co.il/up2/d3mmf1mtkztm.bmp
ist in Hebrew but ist still a picture,haha.
bottom line:is it something that i can do?
10x ibleet.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Well from everything I've read, Sims 3 does include support for multiple cores.

Why your system is only utilizing a single core is anyone's guess.

Open Windows task manager (ctrl-alt-delete). In the applications tab, right-click your game and select "go to process". Right click the process and select "Set Affinity". See if all 4 cores are checked.

Other than that, you may want to head over to the Sims 3 website / forum and ask there for support. Good Luck.