Is this overclock okay and proportional?

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
deleted
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Is this overclock okay and proportional?

Post by deleted »

Can a few people check and give me their input on this overclock? It's a new clock with the RAM I've just tried out and Windows booted fine.
Old Specs before the new RAM overclock are in Signature.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Is this overclock okay and proportional?

Post by XstollieX »

Ram speed looks a bit low to me, but that depends on what ram you are running. Just booting up windows isn't a good indicator of a stable oc. You need to stress the cpu and ram with something like prime 95
deleted
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by deleted »

My max data transfer rate is 333, so I can't exceed 666mhz (or my stock RAM clock). Should my RAM have a higher clock? I thought RAM didn't work well overclocked :|
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

You won't know how well it works till you try it and stability test it.

Find a CPU speed you're happy with, and make sure that's stable with P95. Then bring the memory speed up and test if that can handle the extra speed.Memtest86+ is what you need to check the memory.

I had a 1333MHz memory kit that overclocked all the way to nearly 1800Mhz. I was impressed to say the least!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
deleted
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by deleted »

Well I used that last night and turned my computer on today and the system reset to its default clock. So I guess it wasn't a very good one?