Intel Processor upgrade for P5LP-LE (Leonite) e6300

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
Gadawg69
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Intel Processor upgrade for P5LP-LE (Leonite) e6300

Post by Gadawg69 »

I hope I am in the right forum and someone can help please forgive the nube I'm still learning I have been to several forums no one has helped this was the top forum on google I could find that looked intelligent about what I needed. I have a HP a1720n Motherboard asus P5LP-LE (Leonite) Specifications for the processor: intel core 2 duo 6300 sl9sa malay 1.86ghz/2m/1066/06/L6338018 with 775 socket I run vista 32 bit I have replaced the motherboard already with the same (other burnt out) it has 3 gigs ram have replaced the fans both went out replaced hard drive it went bad (I know I should have canned it already but had the money to replace parts at the times not the whole thing) Here is my deal sorry for rambling I put new OEM vista on it and it was clean not much junk DL SP1 and SP2 and it runs just as slow if not more than it did before I did that with several large progs running on it. I was thinking I should upgrade the Processor I read online somewhere that a E6300 could only upgrade to a E6500 or E6700 only then I saw someone had a diff. type board I think and went from a 6700 to 8300 I know the 65-67 are 1066 and DDR2 and I think the 8600 is 1333 ddr3. I don't game wife pogos I edit video some and watch video online. These are my questions?
Which if any can I really use?
Will this help speed my system up?
If 8600 can be used will I be able to use the DDR3 1333 on my system?
Which would be my better choice?
Does it have to be core 2 duo or could it be anything 775 socket like? Not necessarily like quad or anything but like 2 core triple core just anything other than duo?
Lastly if I can upgrade is there any other modifications like power or video card that I might have to do with any of them to make the thing work other than with the 8600 upgrading the memory to ddr3?
Thanks for any help any one can give I am starting IT school and trying to learn as much as I can and classes are starting online this 1/4 and have to use this slow junk!
One other thing here is the intel link to all 3 on a compare page so anyone can look at them if need be:
ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=27248,27251,35605,