One-Core Not Working out of two and i have core 2 duo

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
nickz
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

One-Core Not Working out of two and i have core 2 duo

Post by nickz »

hey i have a vert serious issue vid my processr.. i have core 2 duo processor 4400 @2.00 ghz. and i am running windows vista ultimate, windowz xp and windows 7.. i have 3 hard drive on my pc.. so i have different os and i have 2 gb ram f kinsgton.. and i do have a nvidia graphic card..and i have intel DG41WV board. bt the main problem is my both core is not working now.. tz been six month i am without both cores.. so i figure it out if i disable "CORE MULTIPLEXING TECHNOLOGY" in BIOS mode my all 3 windows is running well bt with only i core and 2nd core is always 0.. i mean its nt workn.. and the 2nd option is if i Enable "CORE MULTIPLEXING TECHNOLOGY" in Bios mode my all 3 windows is not running .. i have waited for an hour bt still not running any Os {xp, vista and windows 7}.. so i always run my windows n Disable "CORE MULTIPLEXING TECHNOLOGY" mode.. so plez tell me what should i do .. i am vry sad... coz so many time i facing hanging problem.. i want both core in running way.. plez tell me if ther iz any solution..... 1 thing is damm clear mt os not running if i enable "Core Multiplexing Technology".. and if i Run in Disable mode .. my os is running bt only with 1 core.. plez plez plez help me asap.......
waiting 4 ur reply n solution....
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: One-Core Not Working out of two and i have core 2 duo

Post by DragonFury »

Firstly pick a single OS and run with it. Is there anywhere in the BIOS where you can turn on or off cores? Also use CPU-Z and see if the second core is truly disabled also bring up your task manger (ctrl + Shift + esc) and goto performance tab it will list all cores there.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One-Core Not Working out of two and i have core 2 duo

Post by Apoptosis »

update your motherboards BIOS... Set it to run board defaults... Install a clean version of Windows and there you go.

I have no clue why you have three hard drives with three different operating systems!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!