CPU TEMP

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

One of the nice things about water is you can update your cpu block and keep the rest. any time you can upgrade and not have to replace is good in my book
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

yeah, you know, I owe Bio alot, guy really helped me out by giving some good advice. I have spent alot lately on this rig, and for the most part am very happy. I will tinker and mod alot, and hopefully my experiences will help other make good decisions and spend their money wisely.
I contacted Danger Den today, they forgot to send me the nozzle kit. Once I get that I'm going to switch out the nozzles from stock to the #4, which everyone says is the best. I also made a slight change to the radiator and fan setup that helped the temp a little. There is a decent size gap between the fan and radiator, I figured that there was enough space that more air was being sucked through there than through the radiator itself, so I used some electrical tape and ran a seam arounfd the radiator and fan, closing off the gap. There was a definite pressure change. I think throwing anothing 120mm fan on the front and doing the same will result in an even bigger temp drop.
gooner2004
Legit User
Legit User

Post by gooner2004 »

As for the 120mm Fan, I installed 1 and it shorted my PSU so I had to buy another 1 :cry:

I cleaned my CPU and put on some Artic Silver 5 and it idles at 45-47

And playing Delta BHD online it goes up to 58oC and stays :shock:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Gooner,
Describe your total setup. You temps seem a little high to me, idle is average, but load just seems too hot. Is your house hot? Do you leave your case door off? etc. tell me all about it.