Temps of my new CPU

Discussion about Intel CPUs and overclocking. Need help with that new Intel processor? Not sure which one is right for you? Like to void your warranty? This is the place for you! Please keep the topic on Intel Processors!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Temps of my new CPU

Post by DragonFury »

Well since things have settled down with my new processor I felt it was time to see how the temps look, currently I have sitting at 4.8GHz on a Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard..

Three of the cores never broke 65°C, the last core Core 3 reached a temp of 70°C at 100%. not bad at all....
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
tech guy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Temps of my new CPU

Post by tech guy »

invention always gives benefits...
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Yea, that's without a load on it! Try running F@H for 24 hrs and see what your temps are.

Edit: I bet that if you ran F@H for two hours you would have to turn your computer off, or your computer would over heat. Just saying because if you can't run your cpu at 100% for that long than it's not worth the trouble to overclock so much.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

load was 70°C @ 100%. look at max load temps on core temp, I cant do squat with computer while CPU @ 100%.
Mini ME
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

DragonFury wrote:load was 70°C @ 100%. look at max load temps on core temp, I cant do squat with computer while CPU @ 100%.
What did you use as a load. Just saying that F@H will really stress your cpu. If you can't run your computer under full load for more than 2 hours then whats the point.

My Intel I7 980X works just fine under full load w/F@H and everything else I throw at it, at the same time. I run it @ stock speeds. Just saying. Temps at 100% load are about 63C give or take a couple of degrees depending on room temp. So your temps look right in line with a high quality cpu cooler. So I would say your temps are fine. I used to run 24/7 F@H with cpu and gpu for months and years and never had a issue. I could do whatever I wanted to do with 100% cpu usage. I guess those extra cores and stock speed make a difference. If you didn't know, I used to fold for Legit Reviews under the name: victor/natasha
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I use a few runs of linx to get my full load temps on the CPU. if you run programs like lin packs typically will lock down a CPU during the time they are being used this happened as well on my 970 when I ran a lin pack based program. F@H is a very good way on testing a CPU's stability for the long haul.typically you really do not need to overclock the CPU as much these days when it pertains to games, but it does help out a little bit.

Currently this system is water cooled, I haven't used a air cooler on my main in quite a while.
Mini ME