Altec Lansing UHP336 In-Ear Earphones

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Designed to fit securely in the ear in order to improve comfort and enhance sound, the Altec Lansing UHP336 ear phones feature vented armature speakers for incredibly accurate, high-fidelity sound reproduction. Legit Reviews takes a pair of the Altec Lansing UHP336 ear phones and figures out how they stack up compared to the V-Moda Vibe and Maximo iM-490S ear phones, which we recently reviewed. Read on to see which is right for you!

Article Title: Altec Lansing UHP336 In-Ear Earphones
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/665/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $92.99 plus shipping
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: Altec Lansing UHP336 In-Ear Earphones

Post by martini161 »

seem abit expensive for my tastes, and i dont know much about headphones, but only up to 15khz response? just doesnt sound right to me as i know i can hear a lot higher than that. nice review, im in the market for a new set of earbuds
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

martini161 wrote:seem abit expensive for my tastes, and i dont know much about headphones, but only up to 15khz response? just doesnt sound right to me as i know i can hear a lot higher than that. nice review, im in the market for a new set of earbuds
I agree with you about the freq. response. For this price point, I would have liked to seen the specs a bit more robust. BUT, the headphones do sound really nice when listening to tracks with bunch of highs (Timbaland - Apologize, Nickelback - Rockstar). I just find them lacking in the bass response (20kHz) that doesn't translate into the pumping bass others seem to be able to reproduce better like the Vibe.

Are they worth $90? Probably. Cause they sound better than a lot of headphones out there...just not better than the Vibes for the approximately the same cost. IMO.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

I was just gonna ask if the Vibes you recommended me were better or worse. I love my Vibes
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Digital Puppy wrote:
martini161 wrote:seem abit expensive for my tastes, and i dont know much about headphones, but only up to 15khz response? just doesnt sound right to me as i know i can hear a lot higher than that. nice review, im in the market for a new set of earbuds
I agree with you about the freq. response. For this price point, I would have liked to seen the specs a bit more robust. BUT, the headphones do sound really nice when listening to tracks with bunch of highs (Timbaland - Apologize, Nickelback - Rockstar). I just find them lacking in the bass response (20kHz) that doesn't translate into the pumping bass others seem to be able to reproduce better like the Vibe.

Are they worth $90? Probably. Cause they sound better than a lot of headphones out there...just not better than the Vibes for the approximately the same cost. IMO.
while i do agree with you, im pretty sure that the higher the frequency, the higher the noise. 20khz is just about as high as human hearing can detect, i think we hear (more like feel) as low as 30 or 40hz
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

martini161 wrote:while i do agree with you, im pretty sure that the higher the frequency, the higher the noise. 20khz is just about as high as human hearing can detect, i think we hear (more like feel) as low as 30 or 40hz
Sorry, I meant 20Hz as a frequency response on the low end. The Altec Lansing's are from 20Hz to 15kHz, while the V-Moda Vibes are 12Hz to 22kHz.

The point that I was trying to make was that I thought the highs on the UHP336's were fine, but the lows were lacking. Moreover, the fit and the noise isolation weren't as good as I thought they should have been.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

yea that makes more sense now. i think that anyone looking for decent base in a headphone has no choice than to go with large dj style headphones. it just doesnt make any sense to expect good base from such a small driver
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

martini161 wrote:yea that makes more sense now. i think that anyone looking for decent base in a headphone has no choice than to go with large dj style headphones. it just doesnt make any sense to expect good base from such a small driver
Which is why I was so hyped about how the Vibe and the iMetal headsets performed. Let me repeat: The Altec Lansing UHP336 isn't a bad set....It just wasn't as good as the Vibes. These headsets still are recommended.