Nyko Zero Wireless Controller for Playstation 3

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

With full six-direction tilt functionality and vibration support, the Zero is fully compatible with all PS3 software and control schemes. The Zero is powered by an included NiMH rechargeable battery that provides up to 25 hours of wireless gameplay. The Zero is the first controller to feature LED back-lit action buttons, heat dissipating aluminum panels and a hybrid metal-resin design. This is a PS3 controller that stands out from the crowd!

Unlike the Sony controllers, third party controllers like the Nyko don’t have built-in wireless functionality and thus need wireless adapter. Nyko has packaged a low latency USB adapter for use with the Zero controller that is a very simple to plug in and go. We didn’t notice any lag or delay with this solution at all with using the Zero which was a concern of ours as we realized that there would be a USB adapter in the mix. The Nyko Zero is powered by a NiMH rechargeable battery that in our tests gave more than 20 hours of continuous gaming. Like the original Sony controllers, you can recharge these using the USB mini like you normally would. If you need more playtime, Nyko includes a “AA” battery pack so that you can have uninterrupted p0wnage.
Article Title: Nyko Zero Wireless Controller for Playstation 3
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/689/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $49 plus shipping
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: Nyko Zero Wireless Controller for Playstation 3

Post by martini161 »

two ps3 related reviews in a row? weird. but anyway, i never saw the point of backlighting buttons. its not like you have to look down and see whats what, you just know
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I needed a weekend off ;)

I didn't check email once or touch a computer for more than 30 minutes all weekend!
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Apoptosis wrote:I needed a weekend off ;)

I didn't check email once or touch a computer for more than 30 minutes all weekend!
wow, thats quite a feat for people like us :lol:
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Yeah, Nate had his minions slaving away all weekend playing Devil May Cry 4 over and over again. I can't believe he made us watch all those Blu-ray DVDs too!

Seriously, the brother needed a break.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

so if it's usb, is there a driver out for pc? I love using old ps2 controllers to play some games on my computer. such as the tony hawk series and older sports games.
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

dgood wrote:so if it's usb, is there a driver out for pc? I love using old ps2 controllers to play some games on my computer. such as the tony hawk series and older sports games.
Good question. One of the first things we did was plug the dongle into a few machines to see what would happen.....nothing. An error was actually reported in the Device Manager of WinXP.

We also went to the Nyko site, but didn't find any kind of PC driver downloads or updates. I'll see what the Nyko folks have to say though cause I can see how many people might want to use the controller for some of their PC games.
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

mark14 wrote:What is the best 3rd party ps3 controller for the ps3 ?
NYKO PlayStation 3 Zero Wireless Controller
HORI PS3 WIRELESS HORIPAD 3 TURBO CONTROLLER
Logitech PlayStation 3 PS3 Wireless Cordless Controller
or any other you have tried? Please explain why is better that the original or if the original is the best.
Thanks in advance!
Hey Mark!

Welcome to LR.

Well, to be quite honest, we really don't have that much experience with a bunch of different PS3 controllers. Most of the things we review on LR are for the PC. Occasionally, we review hardware that is "cross-platform", but you might want to make a post in our Console Gaming Corner and ask the peeps there.
darren8448
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by darren8448 »

Wireless controller that combines rumble and motion control for PlayStation 3 games; includes removable rechargeable battery and USB charging cable; backlit buttons; less expensive than DualShock 3. But The Nyko Zero Wireless controller makes for a decent secondary or back-up controller, but doesn't fully match the comfort and performance of the DualShock 3.
hark
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hark »

MotioninJoy has unofficial drivers for Playstation 3 controllers: http://www.motioninjoy.com/
Not sure if they'll work with third-party controllers, but I think it will.