ECS A780GM-A Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ECS A780GM-A Motherboard Review

Post by Apoptosis »

ECS A780GM-A Motherboard Review - AMD 780G Chipset

The ECS A780GM-A 'Black Series' motherboard is the first motherboard by the designers at ECS that uses the recently released AMD 780G and SB700 chipsets. Unlike the micro-ATX boards that we have looked at in the past this is a full size ATX board. Will the ECS A780GM-A exceed our expectations or end up falling short? Read on to find out how this Black Series board does!

When it comes to general performance the ECS A780GM-A motherboard does great, the layout of the board is very clean and the integrated graphics was able to overclock by more than 25%, which was enough to boost gaming performance. If one is looking for an integrated board to use in an entry level system then this board is still a good choice.

Article Title: ECS A780GM-A Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/691/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $74.99 plus shipping
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: ECS A780GM-A Motherboard Review

Post by martini161 »

nice review. im thinking about getting a 780 for a htpc, is it possible to use the onboard hdmi port to output sound from a second sound card? and where did you get that right mark audio thing, never heard of that one before
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ECS A780GM-A Motherboard Review

Post by Apoptosis »

One of our readers just e-mailed me a solution to the audio issues we had on this board! I just thought I'd update this thread as other owners of the ECS A780GM-A might be in need of it as the buzzing and inability to run audio benchmarks is something you have to deal with otherwise.
hi , i had a problem with the audio too , and after beat up myself i found the fix :

right click on the speaker icon by the clock

click on "playback devices"

highlight Speakers/HP , then click on properties

click on Levels

NOW IS THE FIX!!!! : click on "Input Monitor" speaker icon , to disable the the "dreaded buzzing " and interference

i bet alot of these mobos was return cause of this problem i was diligent to find the fix as i find the board really stable and knew it have to be software BS , i hope they disable or get rid of this feature as it has no use

i find the sound to be nicer quality than the realtek hd888 i use before . but you would never know that if you could not resolve the buzzing issue.