Thermaltake DuOrb CPU Cooler

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Thermaltake DuOrb CPU cooler is by far one of the most interesting looking CPU coolers on the market today. With a true Dual-Flow design it uses the system air flow to cool down surrounding temperatures and helps dissipate the heat of CPU, RAM, VRM, North Bridge, and the back of VGA card. The Thermaltake DuOrb CPU cooler gets testing on an Intel Core 2 Quad today, so read on to see if this new offering from Thermaltake can live up to its heritage.

The Thermaltake DuOrb is a sharp looking, well performing cooler that should fit in just about any mid tower and up, and some mini towers. At the $65 price point this could be considered a high-end air cooler. It’s quiet, light weight, good looking, and a breeze to install. It kept up with the NV-120 really well, which says lot for the cooler.
Article Title: Thermaltake DuOrb CPU Cooler
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/688/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $64.99 plus shipping
FZ1

Re: Thermaltake DuOrb CPU Cooler

Post by FZ1 »

How was the sound compared to the other coolers (subjectively)?
Joe
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Not as quiet as the Noctua but quieter than the NV-120.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Gameros
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Gameros »

Since you mentioned the DuOrb is half the height of the NV-120, can you tell if it will fit into the QPack2 mini case? Cooling the CPU has been the only thing holding me back from going that route.
Athlon 2900 + 9600PRO + Chaintech MB + 1GB PC3200 = I need a new computer
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Sorry, can't say for sure as I don't have or physically seen a QPack case before. Looking at the images on Apiva's site it look like the cross brace supporting the hard drives may interfere. Without knowing that measurement there is no way to be sure.

If some one has a Qpack and can measure off the top of their board to the brace we can say for sure.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

nice review! that cooler series seems pretty nice, there 8800 series graphic cooler made out of that design performs very well i hear. id consider getting one of these as a backup or something, but i dont think it would clear my ram, i have corsair with the DHX sinks on em.
found a typo though
To test the DuOrb cooler we ran it on our Intel Core 2 Duo test platform, which was then run at default and overclocked settings.
sorry but i have OCD about stuff like that
little_tea_pot
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by little_tea_pot »

I have an Xpack2 with a Blue Orb 2 and the hight is a tight fit @ 66mm I'm not sure if the DuOrb will fit @ 86mm.

*edit* It will fit up to 76mm hight according to Apevia's manual. (On the last couple of pages)
TooT! TooT!
Gameros
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Gameros »

little_tea_pot wrote:I have an Xpack2 with a Blue Orb 2 and the hight is a tight fit @ 66mm I'm not sure if the DuOrb will fit @ 86mm.

*edit* It will fit up to 76mm hight according to Apevia's manual. (On the last couple of pages)
Thank you. Seems my plot to get a overclocked Xpack2 have been foiled again.
Athlon 2900 + 9600PRO + Chaintech MB + 1GB PC3200 = I need a new computer