GlacialTech Igloo 5750 Silent CPU Cooler

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we take a look at the Igloo 5750 Silent from GlacialTech. With words like igloo and silent in the name you think cool and quiet and that is what we figure out. The PWM version that we are reviewing has a dual adjustable speed fan setup which brings the temperature down according to your needs. The speed ranges from 800~2500RPM, with a maximum volume throughput of 51.3CFM! Read on to see if this budget minded CPU cooler can live up to its name.

The GlacialTech Igloo 5750 is a different design from the typical heatpipe coolers on the market today for a number of reasons. Most obvious is that it is not a tower cooler. One of its other features worth mentioning is that it is quiet for an active cooler; at 15 dBA you would have a hard time hearing this fan inside any case. If you are looking for silence from your PC this should be on your list of CPU coolers to purchase...

Article Title: GlacialTech Igloo 5750 Silent CPU Cooler
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/701/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $35 MSRP
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GlacialTech Igloo 5750 Silent CPU Cooler

Post by DMB2000uk »

Quieter than the noctua cooler then?

I would have thought that the intensity increase from having two fans would make it louder than the fan rating, was that for the whole cooler or just a fan?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Put it this way, I couldn't hear the cooler for the case fans. I would say its very similar to the Noctua in it quietness.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

good review! i was looking for something quiet (the intel stock hsf can get LOUD), cost-effective, and on the cheap side of the MSRP spectrum. if the Egg carries this one when i build our next family PC i'll definitely consider this one.
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

seems like a great quite cooler for the price. i especially like the secodary heatsink on the base, pretty good idea. so is that base cooper or aluminum?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

The main base is plated copper, think the secondary sink is aluminum.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

stopthekilling77 wrote:good review! i was looking for something quiet (the intel stock hsf can get LOUD), cost-effective, and on the cheap side of the MSRP spectrum. if the Egg carries this one when i build our next family PC i'll definitely consider this one.
I'm right there with you... In fact, the first thing I did after reading the review was check newegg for it. Not there yet, but I have my fingers crossed. Also, it would be nice to see how it performs with a slightly faster pair of fans.