Hypersonic Avenger AG2 Notebook Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Geared toward the enthusiast who wants their go-anywhere notebook to be powerful, the HYpersonic Avenger AG2 Notebook series feature unparalleled performance in a sleek, colorful, and compact 12-inch size for superb mobility. The AG2 can be configured with next generation 45nm Intel Penryn processors, up to 4GB DDR2-667 memory, and a 320GB hard drive (or Solid State Drive) for maximum storage. Read on to see what we think of this new notebook!

"The Hypersonic Avenger AG2 notebook was just launched on May 22nd, 2008, but that doesn't mean we haven't had a sample for well over a month now. The Hypersonic Avenger AG2 notebook is the same thing as the Clevo M72R notebook, so Hypersonic was able to get a production sample in our hands before they officially started to carry this recently released 12.1" notebook. This gave us the chance to do a long term test drive, which is something we rarely get to do in the fast paced computer industry. For the past month we have used the Hypersonic Avenger AG2 as our traveling notebook..."
Article Title: Hypersonic Avenger AG2 Notebook Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/714/1/
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hypersonic Avenger AG2 Notebook Review

Post by dicecca112 »

4 Cell is a killer for a lot of people, but slick looking notebook never the less
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

Also could you run SMP Folding on it, I'm looking to upgrade to the T9300, wondering if the change in times would warrant the upgrade
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

seems like a nice little mobil notebook, but for 1.5k, for me it would need to be a desktop replacement
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

Isnt a load temp of 76oC a little too high? I know if my C2D got even near that temperature id be shutting it off and trying to find what i did wrong.
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

kappage wrote:Isnt a load temp of 76oC a little too high? I know if my C2D got even near that temperature id be shutting it off and trying to find what i did wrong.
Is a bit, but not really for laptops. 100C is the Limit of these chips
IssE
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by IssE »

Pretty powereful Laptop but I pretty much think it defeats the purpose of owning a notebook. Using a computer on the go.. so with not such a good battery life I wouldn't really want one of these. Battery life > performance for me.

But I hear there is this new technology that will revolutionalize the battery life of notebooks. If I remember correctly it's like 12-24 hours. Now thats impressive.

Maybe once those come out in the near future I might get a powerful notebook other then that. Sticking with Thinkpad :P

nice review nontheless