PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT Video Card Review

Post by Apoptosis »

PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT Video Card

For roughly $150 the GeForce 9600 GT is one of the best price versus performance graphics cards on the street today. The card are looking at today is the PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT and it features 512MB of GDDR3 frame buffer memory with a 650 MHz core clock. The PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT is ready for PCI Express 2.0 motherboards and supports NVIDIA SLI technology. Read on as we compare it to an equally priced ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB graphics card to see how it fairs.

The PNY 9600 GT we’ve got here today is built to the reference specification set forth by NVIDIA. It has a standard G94 GPU with 505 million transistors, with a clock speed of 650MHz, Stream processor clock of 1625MHz, and 512MB of GDDR3 memory clocked up 1800MHz. It’s fully SLI capable with another 9600 GT ( sorry fellas, no three-way action) and is PCIe version 2.0. We do see that an external 6-pin PCIe power adapter is required for the card to run, so it will be consume over 75W under full graphics load. To give you an idea how much you don’t need to break the bank with a huge power supply, with an E8400 and P35 motherboard I was able to power this card with a 380W Antec Earth Watts without issue.

Article Title: PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT Video Card
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/720/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $149.99 shipped
tomcat2200
Legit User
Legit User

Re: PNY Verto GeForce 9600 GT Video Card Review

Post by tomcat2200 »

If I may interject without sounding critical. The two very important stats for vid cards are the number of stream processors and the bandwidth spec. I find that those two numbers give very valid comparison information for users. It is easy to look up at the mfg. website, but I feel it would have value here as well.

Excellent review tho and thanks.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i think the reason he may not of put them in is because weve already reviewed what, like 3 of these or something? i do agree though, those are important specs but what really matters and what people want to see is game performance. even though ati have been ahead of nvidia in terms of engineering for a while now, nvidia just plain does better in games. it doesnt matter if a card has 10 times as many stream procesors or a 10 times bigger bus (band width) if it doesnt perform better in games its worthless
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

martini161 wrote:i think the reason he may not of put them in is because weve already reviewed what, like 3 of these or something? i do agree though, those are important specs but what really matters and what people want to see is game performance. even though ati have been ahead of nvidia in terms of engineering for a while now, nvidia just plain does better in games. it doesnt matter if a card has 10 times as many stream procesors or a 10 times bigger bus (band width) if it doesnt perform better in games its worthless
This is the 5th GeForce 9600 GT That we have reviewed! We have one more by ASUS in the works!

EVGA, Palit and XFX GeForce 9600 GT Video Card Review
Albatron GeForce 9600GT-512X Video Card Review
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Apoptosis wrote:
martini161 wrote:i think the reason he may not of put them in is because weve already reviewed what, like 3 of these or something? i do agree though, those are important specs but what really matters and what people want to see is game performance. even though ati have been ahead of nvidia in terms of engineering for a while now, nvidia just plain does better in games. it doesnt matter if a card has 10 times as many stream procesors or a 10 times bigger bus (band width) if it doesnt perform better in games its worthless
This is the 5th GeForce 9600 GT That we have reviewed! We have one more by ASUS in the works!

EVGA, Palit and XFX GeForce 9600 GT Video Card Review
Albatron GeForce 9600GT-512X Video Card Review
wow you guys must really like these cards :shock:
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

9600gt is an excellent card. It's prob the best card for the performance vs price ratio.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

SAMSAMHA wrote:9600gt is an excellent card. It's prob the best card for the performance vs price ratio.
Hate to say it, but I took the GeForce 8800 Ultra out of my system and put in a GeForce 9600 GT... Runs my pair of 20" monitors fine and the heat reduction in my office is amazing, not to mention that it cut the idle power usage by roughly 50W! That saves me about $5.65 per month on the electric bill or ~$67 a year.