ASUS Lion Square CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we look at the newest CPU cooler from Asus, the Lion Square. Named for the Sword Lion legend and designed with quad core CPU’s in mind this seems to be a slick heat sink. The bold and unique design features eight heat pipes that originate from the copper base all the way to the top where they are covered by neat looking nuts. The very top of the cooler has a cover that mimics the shape of a shield. It looks great, but how will it perform? Read on to find out!

The ASUS Lion Square is named after the legend of the Sword Lion, which is the emblem of strength, courage and good fortune. The unique design features 8mm diameter heat pipes that originate from the bottom of the cooler for heat conduction and adds to the shield design with the ends of the heatpipes poking through the top of the cooler cover that mimics the shape of the shield. As the legend goes a famous general once led his armies to defeat a group of strong enemies after an invasion. The shields that were equipped by the armies were carved with a lion-tattoo and the swords were placed through lion’s mouth. Later generations believe that this lion-tattoo symbolizes Strength, Courage, and Good Fortune.
Article Title: ASUS Lion Square CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/728/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $57.99 plus shipping
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: ASUS Lion Square CPU Cooler Review

Post by martini161 »

two questions:
1. what is the top part made out off
2. Do you think the temps might improve if it was taken off?
IDK, i think you can get better coolers for the money. But what i guess they will get some history buffs to buy this. probably end up as a good bargin bin buy sometime next year i bet
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

The top is plastic, as for removing to get better temps I don't think it would help as it keeps the flow moving front to back. Shoving different fan in might help, but I can't say for sure as I can't say for certain what the stock fans CFM rating is.

as for better coolers for the price, true.. but this one has the eye candy factor.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Every time I read a new cooler review, I'm secretly hoping that it doesn't beat the NH-U12P (I have one so want it to stay the best tested here :P) and so far I've been let off.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

DMB2000uk wrote:Every time I read a new cooler review, I'm secretly hoping that it doesn't beat the NH-U12P (I have one so want it to stay the best tested here :P) and so far I've been let off.

Dan
lol nice haha

As for ASUS, their cooler aren't that great. Too bad they can't have their coolers on the level of their motherboards. I bought one a while back and I'll never buy one of theirs again. You can get better performance, looks, and price with other companies offerings. Too bad ASUS. [-X
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

gwolfman wrote:...I bought one a while back and I'll never buy one of theirs again...
CPU coolers that is, not motherboard