Intel Announces The Centrino 2 Platform

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Announces The Centrino 2 Platform

Post by Apoptosis »

Today is a special day for Intel as it is the 5th anniversary for the Centrino mobile platform and they are celebrating it with the launch of the Centrino 2 platform (Montevina). With Centrino 2, Intel is planning for the future with a platform that is able to adapt to what we need in today’s marketplace. Read on to see exactly what is being updated!

Centrino 2 is made of of three major components, the processor, the wireless card and the chipset. Intel Centrino 2 processors are 45nm Intel Core 2 Duo and Quad processors with up to 6MB L2 cache and a 1066MHz FSB. Intel is introducing the Intel Core 2 Extreme Mobile Processor X9100 is now the highest performing flagship processor for the Centrino 2 platform and operates at 3.06GHz. Just like other Extreme mobile processors the X9100 has Overspeed protection removed, so consumers will be able to overclock the processor if the notebook allows it. When it comes to TDP ratings the X9100 is mobile friendly at just 44W.
Article Title: Intel Announces The Centrino 2 Platform
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/746/1/
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel Announces The Centrino 2 Platform

Post by gwolfman »

It will be interesting to see how the graphics switching plays out. I could probably get 2 hours out of my m1710 if I had this. Maybe even more.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Intel Announces The Centrino 2 Platform

Post by DMB2000uk »

Switching GPUs is one of the things that interests me the most about laptops, it's been talked about for ages, lets hope with centrino2 that it will actually take off.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)