Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler Review

The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU cooler features H.D.T (Heat-pipe Direct Touch) which offers better cooling due to the direct contact between the copper heat pipes and processor. The HDT-S1283 includes a 120mm cooling fan, anti-vibration fan screws, spoiler design, and an installation process that anyone can do. The three 8mm U type heat-pipes look like they will take care of business as they are exposed and move the heat away from the CPU.

Today we look at the HDT-S1283 cooler from Xigmatek. The HDT-S1283 is a direct touch cooler, meaning the heatpipes are in direct contact with the CPU. The HDT-S1283 was brought to our attention when our forum members compared it to the OCZ Vendetta HDT cooler we reviewed a while back. Well, thanks to the folks at Crazy PC for providing us with one, we can get a look at the HDT-S1283.

Article Title: Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/755/1/
Pricint At Time of Print: $32.99 plus shipping
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler Review

Post by HONkUS »

I have one of these but i have the Red Scorpion Edition with nickel plated pipes. These things rock, My only complaint is the crappy push pins for it for LGA 775 but Newegg has a back plate for it for $6.99 still it should have been included.

Between the price and the performance this is the best air cooler available in my opinion.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Nice job on getting one in for review.

It's just a shame the vendetta was tested so long ago it was with a different test rig.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

unless im mistaken the Xigmatek, OCZ and Kingwin HDT coolers are all from the same OEM minus the cooling fins.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Different fins, and maybe different fans.

They'd be close, but I was just wondering which one is the better version (especially as OCZ has the 120mm vendetta 2 out now).

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Ooo, I was interested in the case you used. How do you like the power distribution system? Obviously you'd only be able to take a real advantage of this if you PSU is modular.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Its nice, helps clear out clutter. There is a fair bit of space between the drive bays and the right side of the case to stuff the unused cables.

If your like me and take the tray out of the case 5-6 times a week it gets annoying.

Here is the review of the case
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/615/1/
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

bubba wrote:Its nice, helps clear out clutter. There is a fair bit of space between the drive bays and the right side of the case to stuff the unused cables.

If your like me and take the tray out of the case 5-6 times a week it gets annoying.

Here is the review of the case
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/615/1/
Thanks, I'll check it out. :)